The Canberra Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GO! Channel 99

5 posters

Go down

GO! Channel 99 Empty GO! Channel 99

Post by M@ Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:44 pm

*Please Note, GO! Screens on Channel 88 In Canberra.

Australia gets to GO!
By David Knox on August 9, 2009

When the new series of Wipeout airs tonight at 6:30pm, Australia will officially have another new channel.
GO! is Nine’s new digital channel aimed fair and square at eyeballs between the ages of 14-39 years old. With titles including Survivor, Gossip Girl, Fringe, Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, Moonlight and TMZ, there are certainly some alluring shows on offer. Compared to 20 to 1, Australia’s Perfect Couple and Commercial Breakdown Adults Only, GO! is practically worthy of an Emmy.
Those of us licking our lips for new episodes of Weeds and The Wire will have to wait just a little big longer. The Vampire Diaries is also due in October.
Like ONE HD does for TEN, GO! will add to Nine’s overall evening share. Programmes that are unique to secondary channels are tallied by OzTAM ratings.
This week when Nine turned on GO!, an SD channel, some viewers with digital TV tuners found Nine went blank as soon as they picked it up. Nine said it did everything it could to warn people of the technical issues, via newspaper ads and offering a helpline on 1300 152 231.
Promos branding GO! have so far seemed cheap and nasty, not much better than regional TV you might see when stuck in a 3 star motel somewhere. Hopefully when it launches tonight it will have a more professional appearance.
GO! also means 9HD breakout programming is no more, which is being particularly felt by AFL fans in Sydney and Brisbane. The AFL Footy Show no longer screens at 9:30pm on 9HD due to the technical limitations of having three channels, and instead screens later to Sydney and Brisbane, just as the NRL Footy Show is later in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. Nine has moved Footy Classified to appease its northern AFL fans.
With GO! now on offer, attention turns to Channel Seven, as the final network to offer its new Freeview contribution.
Despite rushing 7HD to market, with poor programming ever since, Seven will be the last network to offer a new channel. Believed to be watching where its competitiors moved, Seven has kept everyone guessing. Even executives at TEN and Nine are still in the dark as to which way Seven will move.
Despite the fact that the network was reported to make an announcement by March, none has been forthcoming. Seven has previously indicated it has settled on its plans.
After GO! makes its fanfare, it will surely be time for Seven to hijack the limelight.
GO! airs on Channel 99 in metro cities and on 88 on WIN / NBN and will be added to Foxtel further down the track.
Update: GO! opened with a montage of its programming accompanied by an uptempo song. The first commercial break during Wipeout featured ads for KFC, Commonwealth Bank, Ford, and channel promos including Miranda Kerr saying “I’m ready to GO!”

I haven't caught much on GO! Yet, and in it's early days the schedule seems to repeat itself a lot. However I am told that as time goes on they will be adding more and varied shows to the lineup instead of what they have on now. Still, it is a step in the right direction for digital television in Australia, and offers something for those who don't like sport!

M@
Global Moderator

Power Level (Points) : 9

Back to top Go down

GO! Channel 99 Empty Re: GO! Channel 99

Post by Lemon Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:47 pm

I have watched it a bit. Most of the stuff on it is trash, but some of it is okay. I had never watched Wipeout before and I really enjoyed that when it was aired on Go!
Lemon
Lemon
Webmaster
Webmaster

Power Level (Points) : 184

https://canberraforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xman0444 Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:01 pm

It's good to see new channels coming on the air. It means that there is more variety for people without Pay TV.
xman0444
xman0444
Admin
Admin

Power Level (Points) : 158

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tokajisan Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:00 pm

Not bad actually, I was pleasently surprised when I flicked over to it the other day.

Tokajisan
Posts Regularly
Posts Regularly

Power Level (Points) : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by centralside_57 Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:39 am

I prefer watching door mats more than this shitty channel.

centralside_57
Posts a Fair bit

Power Level (Points) : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by xman0444 Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am

Look. Noone cares about your fucking door mats.
xman0444
xman0444
Admin
Admin

Power Level (Points) : 158

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down